Here’s the latest news to make you snooze:
1) I didn’t get the cook’s job, so I’m back looking again.
2) Tuesday’s snowfall amounted to about 1/4″, and none of it stuck to the driveway, so I haven’t had to use the snowthrower yet. But it’s ready to go when I need it.
3) My muscles were really sore yesterday, a result of two days worth of crawling around on my garage floor working on my tractor. I’m a little better today, but I still have some pretty sore spots.
4) I bought Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson yesterday at the school’s book fair, and I’m already more than 3/4 way through it. There are places where you can tell that Dave Barry wrote that particular section. It’s not a book I’d let Mary read, but I think I’ll loan it to Hannah once she’s done with The Chronicles of Narnia.
5) I took the girls clothes shopping yesterday. Mary had already outgrown the snowboots I’d bought her earlier this fall (she never had the chance to wear them) so I returned them and got her a larger pair – ladies size 6 boots. And she’s only 8 years old! And Hannah had outgrown her old snowpants, so I bought her a new pair, size XL (14-16). Next year she’ll be getting her clothes from the Juniors’ department. Her shoe size is ladies size 9. Sheesh!
6) I took Judah to the vet today for a checkup and shots, and discovered that he has some sort of intestinal parasite. Now he has to be on drugs for 10 days. Yippee – force feeding worm pills to a 100 pound dog. Time to break out the sliced cheese!
That’s it. That’s all I got for now. TMI? Maybe. But you read it, didn’t you?